7 facts you never knew about babies
1. Newborn kids cannot cry tears when they are sad or angry. At three months old they can shed tears due to emotional factors. Before that, they only make tears to moisten their eyes.
2. An adult human has 206 bones in their body. A newborn baby has 300. Gradually some of the bones fuse together when kids grow up and that's why adults have fewer bones than children.
3. Newborn babies pee every 20 minutes and infants use an average of 2700 diapers per year.
4. The heaviest baby every born who survived weighed 10.2 kg (22.4 lbs). It was an Italian baby who was born in 1955.
5. Babies are born without knees. At first, we have no kneecaps and only have cartilage in our joints. Kneecaps develop later.
6. In Sweden, most babies are born in the month of July. On average they weigh about 3.5 kg (7.7 lbs).
7. Infants can swallow and breathe at the same time up to 7 months of age.