How to pick the right baby carrier for your baby
Are you expecting your first child? Or recently became a parent? You are entering a completely new lifestyle. One that's mostly amazing and thrilling. However, also quite scary and exhausting.
With a baby carrier you are able to have two free hands. So you can get on with whatever you want, whilst still bonding with your baby. Yet, when choosing the right baby carrier there are a few things to consider.
What to think about when choosing a baby carrier
The list of different baby carriers on the market is endless. It’s important to choose the one that suits you and your family’s and makes parenting easier.
1. How old will the baby be when carrying? It’s good to research what age you can start using the baby carrier and how heavy or old the baby can be.
2. Who will carry the most? Some carriers are better developed when it comes to fitting different body types and sizes. Therefore, it’s important that all possible “main carriers” try on the carrier to make sure it’s comfortable and easy to adjust.
3. When will you carry your child? Will it be during shorter strolls in the city or longer distances in nature? The longer you plan to use the baby carrier, the bigger need for ergonomic support.
4. What position(s) do you want to carry your baby in? Do you want to shift between parent facing, forward facing and back carrying? You should probably go for a high quality carrier. This way you can always be sure that the baby’s position is ergonomically correct.
5. How easy is the carrier to use? If it comes with an endless list of instructions, settings and complicated adjustments maybe you should rethink buying it.
6. Is the baby carrier safe? For the baby’s safety you must examine the production and manufacturing of the product. Are the textiles safe? Is it safety tested and approved as a hip-healthy product?
Easy, ergonomic and safe baby carriers from Najell
Carrying your baby in a carrier is a soft, cosy and comfortable way to be close to one another. Najells' baby carriers are designed to fit all and be worn on every occasion. Our carriers are made to fit different sizes, body shapes and are easy to use – regardless of who you are or what you're doing. Whether you choose a wrap, baby carrier or both, our products are ergonomic, easy-to-put-on and easy-to-use. All of Najell's baby carriers are developed to give the baby the correct c-shaped position. Helping the physical development of the body. That’s why our baby carriers are recommended by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as safe, ergonomic and hip-healthy products.